15 Quick Nutrition and Weight Loss Fixes
Eating habits and weight loss is hard work. Fat, as you’ve no doubt discovered, is stubborn. To move it requires consistency, dedication and patience. And it takes knowledge. Though there are no shortcuts to real, permanent fat loss, it will come quicker to those with the insider knowledge to ramp up their body’s thermogenic effect. The 15 tips to follow will allow you to max out your fat loss and help with nutrition, to reveal the lean body that lies beneath.
The Importance of Mindset
The 15 fat loss hacks that you are about to discover are transformative in terms of helping you achieve your goals. To make them habitual, however, you need to address the way you think about what you’re doing.
When it comes to changing behavior, especially long-term, habitual patterns, getting yourself to do something different, even when you know it’s good for you, depends largely on what you tell yourself: that is, on your thinking. That’s where MiCoachee comes in. We use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to enable you to break old patterns and build, implement and sustain the very habits that are outlined below.
- Eat More Regularly – To burn more fat you have got to eat more frequently. You should, in fact, be eating every three waking hours. By eating smaller, more frequent meals, you will be helping to control your appetite, reduce cravings and prevent binges.
2. Eat Dinner Before Sunset – Going to bed on a full stomach is a very unhealthy thing to do. The food will remain in the stomach, undigested as you sleep. Then, when you wake up, you’ll be feeling fat and sluggish. Make your last meal at 5pm and watch the weight melt away.
3. Cut Out Soft Drinks – The average American drinks 597 cans of soda pop each year – that’s more than 1 ½ cans every day. To put the impact of that into perspective, 597 cans of soda will pour 32 pounds of sugar down your throat. And did you know that drinking liquid sugar will make you gain fat faster than simply eating the sugar?
The solution – go cold turkey on soda. Yes, you can!
4. Shop Only on the Perimeter of the Supermarket – All supermarkets are laid out in virtually the same way. The perimeter of the store contains all the freshest foods, while the interior of the store contains all the stuff that can get you into trouble with your diet. Stay at the perimeter of the store and you can’t go wrong.
- Cuts Bad Fats, Increase Good Fats – To burn fat rapidly, you have simply got to get serious about what you put in your mouth. Fried foods, biscuits, crackers, pies, pastries, doughnuts and tortilla chips are all on the no go list. But unsaturated fats that contain the essential fatty acids will actually help you lose fat. You’ll find them in fish and flaxseed oil, avocado and fish like salmon and herring.
6. Limited Caloric Reduction – A pound of fat contains 3,500 calories. To set a goal of losing one pound of pure fat per week, then, you’ve got to cut 500 calories (3,500 divided by 7) from your diet every day. and achievable goal. If you’re eating 5 meals per day that means dropping 100 calories from each meal.
7. Weight Training – It’s quite possible that weight training can burn more calories than cardio, especially if you include compound movements such as squats, lunges, presses, dead-lifts and rows. Train 2 days per week with high rep (12-20) sets of squats, lunges, dead-lifts, lat pull-downs, bench press and barbell curls.
8. High Intensity Cardio – High Intensity Interval Training involves short bursts of absolute maximum intensity cardio exercise with even shorter rest periods. The best exercises to choose from are stationery cycling, sprinting and rowing.
9. Nutrition: The 80% Advantage – 80% of successful weight management is determined by what does – and doesn’t – happen in the kitchen. The importance of nutrition simply cannot be overstated. Pay particular attention to sugar and sodium levels, opting for organic options, aiming to eliminate preservatives and keeping your distance from genetically modified foods.
- Focus on Fat Loss, Not Scale Weight – When you begin any diet, you’ll likely show a loss in scale weight. If you work out, however, you will probably add some muscle. So, forget the scale and rely on two things – the mirror and body fat calipers.
11. Know How to Eat on The Run – Keep healthy foods, like nuts, seeds or a protein bar in your car. If you absolutely must stop off at a fast food restaurant, zero in on the grilled chicken burger.
- Analyze Your Motive – The first question you should ask yourself is, ‘Why do I want to lose weight?’. Coming to the realization that you need to lose weight to look and feel better, reclaim your sexuality, lower your risk of cardiac disease or because you intend to be a positive role model to others is the first step to your success.
- Go Public – Going public with your weight loss goals is by far the most effective way of holding yourself accountable. Use the power of positive reinforcement and accountability to others to spur you on.
14. Don’t Follow Magazine Diets! – Magazine type diets are not for real people – don’t waste your time. Stick to the sensible advice provided in Tips 1-6 and you can’t go wrong.
- Reduce Your Alcohol Intake – Regular alcohol consumption will lead to weight gain. Most alcoholic drinks are loaded with sugar – they don’t call it a beer belly for nothing. And, because off it’s addictive nature, you normally don’t stop at just one or two.
Now that you know what to do, it’s time to start thinking about how to do it. At, MiCoachee, we’ve got the programs that you need to cement the habits that will propel you toward your goals. See the Healthy Eating Section of our library for more.
Let MiCoachee Help You Today
Reaching your health and wellness goals is not always easy. Nearly everyone has struggled with controlling their weight, dealing with stress, or just sticking with the habits of a healthy lifestyle. That’s exactly why we created MiCoachee: The world’s most comprehensive digital coaching app.
We created our programs with the help of leading scientists and researchers. These revolutionary programs utilize the proven techniques of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Hypnotherapy, Guided Meditation and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP). In short, MiCoachee gives you all the tools you need to change your life for the better. Whether you are trying to improve your fitness, lose weight, reduce anxiety, or just lead a more balanced life, MiCoachee is here to help.
At MiCoachee, we believe everyone can enjoy a Healthy Body, and a Happy Mind. To prove it, we would like to invite you to try MiCoachee absolutely FREE! Just click this link and you can experience all of the incredible benefits of MiCoachee, for the next seven days, for free. We know that in just one week, you will agree that MiCoachee has changed your life. We look forward to having you join the MiCoachee community!